Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #208016

, , , | Unfiltered | September 13, 2020

(I’m the bad customer in this story, although I honestly didn’t mean to be. My fiancé and I were planning our wedding. We wanted to have an afternoon reception with wine and hors d’oeuvres, so we called a local hotel that had a good reputation for that sort of thing.)

Hotel Employee: If you like, you can come sample some of our food and see what appeals to you.
Me: That sounds wonderful!
Hotel Employee: Good! (*arranges a date and time*) Oh, one more thing – how many people are in your wedding party?
Me: (thinking “I have no idea why you’re asking me that”) There will be me, my fiancé, my matron of honour, and the best man.
Hotel Employee: Great! See you on (date)!

(When the date came, my fiancé and I arrived at the hotel and were seated in the restaurant.)

Hotel Employee: Here you are! (proceeds to bring out one huge plate after another of delicious food)
Me (to my fiancé): Wow! I just thought we’d have a small taste of everything – there’s tons here!
Him: I know! We’re not going to need dinner after this.
Hotel Employee: How is everything?
Us: Fabulous!
Hotel Employee: I’m so glad! And will your matron of honour and best man be arriving soon?
Me: Um … no. I’m sorry – I didn’t realize that you expected them as well.
Hotel Employee: Oh! Well – most couples bring their entire wedding party with them for food tasting.
Me: They do? (Thinking “Why? We’re paying for it, not them.”)
Hotel Employee: Not to worry. Guess you get to eat their share, too!
Us: That won’t be a problem!

(Put it down to ignorance, and not because we were trying to score a free dinner. That hotel got our business, partly because of the quality of the food, and partly because the employee was so nice. Our reception was amazing.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!