Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

You Know You’ve Had A Tough Day When You Laugh At Dad Jokes

, , , , | Right | November 27, 2018

(I’m rebooking a caller’s appointment due to an issue at his property that’s out of our control.)

Me: “Okay, let’s see when we can get you rebooked in, shall we?”

Customer: “Sure thing.”

(I pull up the install diary, and the next appointment is well over a month away. Eight years of experience tells me this uneventful call is about to become eventful.)

Me: “Hmm, bear with me a few moments, if that’s okay; may I pop you on hold?”

Customer: “Okay, no problem.”

(I head over to a manager to see if there is anything to be done, knowing there isn’t, but I really can’t be bothered with the call escalation without asking them first, so I jump through the hoops. I take the customer off hold.)

Me: “Our next appointment is [date over a month away].”

Customer: “Is that a Saturday?”

Me: “Erm, yes it is.”

Customer: “Okay, fine, but answer me this first.”

Me: *bracing myself*

Customer: “What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?”

Me: *an audible sigh of relief as I laugh* “I… I don’t know. What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?”

Customer: “A STICK! See ya!”

Me: *laughing my head off* “Thanks, enjoy your day.”

(That man made a job that has really poorly affected my mental health much easier that day.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!