Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

You Jinxed It

, , , | Right | August 7, 2020

My boyfriend and I go out to eat at a restaurant that has the wait-staff work in teams; i.e., rather than one person working a set of eight tables, it’s two people working the same set of sixteen. We always get great service when we come here and take an extra minute or so to thank them; this time, though…

Us: “Thank you so much for everything, and let the cooks know that the food was perfect; it was like they came out and asked us exactly how we wanted it.”

Waitress: “Oh, thank you so much! We always end up hearing the bad more than the good, so it’s really refreshing to be getting compliments for once.”

Me: “Oh, it can’t be that bad.”

Boyfriend: “Yeah, it’s not like people are screaming or—”

The customer in the booth across from us suddenly yells out, interrupting us.

Customer: “Hey, some of us are trying to get some service over here! Stop acting like a hussy and flirting with the boys and do your job!”

Waitress: “Oh, um…”

Us: “Go ahead, don’t worry about us!”

About three seconds later, we heard the other girl on the team being berated on our OTHER side for some other minor inconvenience. We left both of them a good tip!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!