Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

When Fake News Forms Real Opinions

, , , | Related | January 1, 2019

(My grandma was a very liberal person back when I was a kid, but with age has become more than a little conservative.)

Grandma: “When I was young I applied for many jobs and didn’t get one single call, because back then you had to state your religion, and since I was a non-practicing Catholic I was shunned.”

Cousin: “You can’t do that now; they can’t even ask. That’s discrimination.”

Grandma: “Yes! That is a good change. Well… they should start asking again. If it was me, I wouldn’t be hiring any of those… Muslims.”

Me: “Grandma, I love you but… that’s terrible. Why would you say that?”

Grandma: “Look at all the shootings they are responsible for.”

Me: “Like which one?”

Grandma: “That one in [Place], and the one in [Place].”

Me: “One sec.” *checks online* “Grandma, none of those people were Muslims. This guy was a US Marine, born in the USA.”

Grandma: “They were not, but their parents were.”

Me: *checks* “No, Grandma, this guy’s parents were from [State].”

Grandma: “Well, other Muslims kill US citizens, so I wouldn’t hire Muslims!”

Me: “Hmm, well, in that case, I wouldn’t hire men, since most if not all assailants so far have been male. That is your logic.”

Grandma: “THAT IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT! I HOPE THE MUSLIMS KILL EVERYONE SO YOU CAN SEE THE TRUTH!” *storms off*

(After this and many episodes like this with my family, I am far more scared of them.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!