Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

What A Freakin’ Meatball

, , , , | Right | CREDIT: Interesting_Entry831 | November 24, 2021

I do many jobs at my local restaurant. Since the health crisis started, I have been doing a lot more answering phones and line work than normal, but hey, anything to cover wages, right?

I have a customer call for delivery at 1:00 pm. I’ve taken his calls before and he’s known to be particular, so I make sure I am VERY clear with him.

Me: “[Restaurant], how may I help you?”

Customer: “I want spaghetti and meatballs with chicken.”

Me: “We don’t have an option like that; however, I can provide you with a chicken parm and add meatballs. That would include everything you asked for.”

Customer: “So, I’d get a spaghetti, meatballs, and chicken?”

Me: “Yes.”

He agrees and we send the food.

At 4:00 pm, three hours later, I get a call back.

Customer: “I ORDERED A SPAGHETTI AND MEATBALL, AND THIS IS ALL CHICKEN AND CHEESE AND NOTHING ELSE!”

Me: “No, sir, being a chicken parm, the rest is underneath.”

Customer: “The chicken is all soggy. This is too much. I just want my spaghetti!”

Me: “Okay, so take the chicken off? The spaghetti is right underneath.”

Customer: “The chicken is soggy!”

Me: “You ordered three hours ago, sir. Breaded chicken that has been sitting in sauce and cheese for three hours… there’s nothing I can do about that. If you intended on eating at 4:00, we could have accommodated you and delivered the food at 4:00; however, you ordered at 1:00 pm and it’s not something that sits well.”

Customer: “Well, there’s no meatballs. I want just a spaghetti with meatballs! With chicken!”

Me: “As I explained when we spoke earlier, that’s a chicken parm with meatballs, which is exactly what you received.”

Customer: “There are no meatballs in my spaghetti!”

I put him on hold and ask the cook. He says he put them in a separate tin so he could fit everything and still make it presentable.

Me: “The meatballs are in a separate tin.”

Customer: “Well, I know! I’m eating them! What about the meatballs for the spaghetti?!”

Me: “What did you think they were for?”

Customer: “F*** OFF, YOU STUPID B****! I’LL NEVER ORDER FROM YOU AGAIN!”

Me: “Okay, have a good one!” *Click*

Honestly, no tears will be shed that I don’t have to deal with you. Don’t threaten me with a good time!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!