Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

We Wish Him Warm Beer For The Rest Of His Life

, , , | Right | January 15, 2024

I’m at the register line, and a mother and her adult daughter are in front of me unloading a full cart of groceries. It’s the only line open at the moment, so I patiently wait behind them.

Suddenly, a man shows up with one single can of beer and assumes he can cut in line before these ladies. He doesn’t even ask, “Can I go first?” He just declares, “I’m going ahead of you,” and does so with a wink and a very self-centred smirk.

Mother: “I don’t think so, pal. The self-scan is right there. You can use that.”

The man smirks even more, muttering some things and suddenly pretending he doesn’t understand Dutch. He keeps hovering around the mother and daughter. The cashier is too busy scanning their many items to notice anything.

Another employee does notice, and she opens the register next to us. The man’s smirk becomes even wider as he struts to the front of that line, making sure he looks around to look down upon everyone like he’s the king who just got a red carpet rolled out for him.

The second cashier doesn’t give him the satisfaction of even talking to him and makes the transaction as quick and blunt as possible, giving the rest of us patrons an apologetic glance. The man takes his can of beer and even has the gall to bow to us as he leaves the store.

A lady behind me saw the whole exchange and locks eyes with me.

Lady: “Did you see that? I think I found the winner for the ‘stuck-up b*****d of the week’ award.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!