Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

We All Wish We Could Forget Going To The DMV Like This

, , , | Right | March 7, 2021

I work for a national roadside/insurance/travel company. My primary job is to sign older drivers up for a “Safety Driving Class” that covers general safety tips for older drivers. One-hundred percent of this is done over the phone; the classes are not regularly scheduled, so I often have to call folks back when we have a class available.

This caller is an older woman.

Caller: “Hi. I’m calling for a friend who needs her license updated and I need my photo ID updated. Can we do that at your office?”

Me: “That needs to be done at the DMV, as [Company] cannot issue state-regulated items.”

Caller: *Silence* “Oh. What’s the DMV?”

Me: “The Department of Motor Vehicles, where they issue licenses and photo IDs. They also handle car registration, among other things. I can give you the number for one close to you, if you’d like.”

Caller: “I’m pretty sure I’ve never been there. I think you’re lying to me. I’m going to go to the [Company] branch office and tell them how you’re lying to me about this ‘Department of Automobiles.'”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!