Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Meet Huggles And Try Not To Smile

, , , | Right | March 7, 2021

I’ve been working a mostly uneventful shift for most of the day, mainly greeting and seeing off customers or guiding them in the direction of different areas of the store. What I couldn’t count on, however, was this wonderful exchange.

A woman and her son, likely around two or three, approach the concierge area where I’m based.

Me: “Hi! Did you need a hand with anything?”

Mother: “Oh, no, it’s just he’s been wanting to show someone his monster.”

Looking down, I see that indeed, her son is holding a small purple one-eyed monster toy, seemingly made of a similar material to stress balls based on the bulging it makes whenever he squeezes it.

Me: “Oh, wow! That’s a great monster you’ve got there. Does he have a name?”

The boy, very happy about this but obviously a bit shy, turns over to his mother to tell her the name.

Mother: “Huggles.”

I grinned from ear to ear.


This story is part of our Feel Good roundup for March 2021!

Read the next Feel Good roundup for March 2021 story!

Read the Feel Good roundup for March 2021!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!