Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

We All Need That Bit Of Extra Chocolate Chip In Our Lives

, , | Hopeless | August 2, 2016

(I am with one other Girl Scout, manning a cookie booth. Also with us is my dad and our troop leader. A customer has walked away with one less box than he bought, purposely leaving it for the next customer. The next few customers continue the chain, and an old man comes over. When I’m in the mood, I like to chat with the people who come over to our booth, so I just start talking.)

Me: “Good afternoon, sir!”

Old Man: “Good afternoon!”

Me: *intending to give him a box of whatever flavor he answers* “What is your favorite flavor of cookie?”

Old Man: “Tell me, what is YOUR favorite flavor?”

(My friend and I, assuming he wants us to recommend a flavor, answer:)

Me: “Well, I like [flavor].”

Friend: “I like [flavor], too.”

Old Man: *taking out his wallet* “Well, then, I’ll take two boxes of [same flavor].”

(He pays for the boxes, and I hand them to him. He hands one back to me, and the other to my friend.)

Me: *a bit stunned, because nobody has ever done this before* “Thank you!”

Friend: “Thank you!”

Old Man: *tipping his hat a little* “You’re welcome. Have a nice day!”

Me: “You, too!”

(This was my first cookie season, and that day was easily my favorite day. I usually don’t like getting up early for cookie booths, but that day was worth it for the people alone! We got a ton of donations, and I’ll never forget the amazing customer who started the chain and the amazing old man!)


This story is part of our Girl Scouts roundup!

Read the next Girl Scouts roundup story!

Read the Girl Scouts roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!