Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

This Manager Has A Few Rough Edges

, , , , | Working | April 9, 2020

(I work at a chain fabric store. Our manager is well-known for being rude and doing things wrong. She comes over to the cutting counter one day to tell a coworker to go to break.)

Manager: “[Coworker], go on your fifteen.”

Coworker: “Okay, after I finish for this customer.”

Manager: “No, go now. I’ll finish for you.”

(We always finish with our current customer before doing anything else, to make sure everything is done right. Not wanting to fight her, my coworker leaves for break. My manager turns to the customer.)

Manager: “How much?”

Customer: “I need a half-yard of this.”

(My manager goes to cut it and ends up leaving the end looking awful. She goes to hand it to the customer, who makes a face.)

Customer: “Could you do that again, please? I can’t really use it with the end like that.”

Manager: “Nope. It’s been cut so you have to take it.” 

Customer: “I’ve asked for it a few times and never had a problem.”

Manager: “Then I’ll talk to my employees about it. Not my problem.” 

(She prints the slip for the customer and then walks away. The customer is visibly upset. I go over to her.)

Me: *quietly* “If you go to [Website], it gives you a survey on your experiences here which goes directly to corporate. I’ve never heard of a rule saying we can’t recut fabric for you.”

Customer: “Thank you, hun. That woman is just… something.”

(My manager ended up being fired.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!