Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

This Conversation Started Going Down From The Beginning

, , , | Right | January 29, 2024

I’m a vendor for healthcare facilities. After a site visit, I walk back to the elevators, which are very slow at this facility. I press the down elevator button.

While this is happening, a nurse comes up to talk to me, and I step a little bit out of the way from the elevator. We speak for about two minutes. During this time, a lady walks up to the elevator, presumably a visitor of one of the patients.

I hear the elevator arrive, so I go back to the elevator. I check to make sure it’s going down. I get in and press the lobby button. Being nice, I ask the visitor what floor she needs.

Visitor: *Rudely* “Actually, I’m going up and I was here before you!”

That isn’t true; I was there first. I don’t bring that up, though.

Me: “Oh, well, this elevator is going down.”

Apparently, she doesn’t know how elevators work.

Visitor: “So rude of you to hijack my elevator and make me wait longer! I am a guest, so you shouldn’t be the one making me wait!”

Me: “That’s not how elevators work, and also, I think it’s the medical staff who should be the ones who get priority, not the guests.”

Meanwhile, the elevator stopped on floor one. More people got into the down elevator to go down.

Then, it got to the lobby. I jumped out. More people got on, and I laughed my a** off because it was going down to the basement, and I could hear the visitor complaining to the new people on the elevator as the doors shut.

If you want to go up, get out and get in the Up elevator! There was no reasoning with her.

 

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!