Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

This Chocolate Must Be AMAZING

, , , , , | Right | May 14, 2023

I work at a seasonal shop that sells chocolates in one-pound or half-pound bags. The half-pound bags are half the price of the one-pound ones.

One day, a customer comes in and things proceed normally. When I ring him up and expect him to leave, he pulls a very wrinkled-up plastic bag from his pocket and a slip of paper.

There is not a hint of frustration or anger when he speaks.

Customer: “I bought this from you last year. I only got half a pound of chocolates, but I got charged for one pound. Could I get that other half-pound since I paid for it already?”

I get a closer look at the bag and paper he’s holding. The bag indeed is one of our bags for half a pound, as it has our label on it, and I can tell by how wrinkled it is that it has been sitting wadded up somewhere for a long while. The paper he is holding is a receipt for his purchase, dated last year. I’m momentarily stunned by this dedication.

Me: “I… Uh… Yeah, sure. Grab whichever kind you want!”

Customer: “Why, thank you kindly! See you next year!”

I was pleasantly surprised by the respect and politeness shown by someone who was willing to wait a whole year for $5 worth of chocolate. As I wrap up my second year at this job, he is still to this day the ONLY customer I’ve ever seen actually bring something back WITH THE RECEIPT.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!