Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Their Orders Got A Bit Scrambled

, , , | Right | October 19, 2019

Customer #1: *peruses menu* “I’ll have the cheese eggs.”

Me: “Sure thing. How do you want those eggs?”

Customer #1: “Scrambled. But no cheese.”

Me: “Uh… Okay.”

(Later I am talking to a coworker.)

Me: “Ugh, I hate it when they specify cheese eggs and ask for no cheese. We literally have an option for that, yet they somehow miss it!”

Coworker: “Yeah, I hate that, too!” 

(Immediately after I complain, a couple walks in.)

Female Customer: “I want the cheese eggs. No cheese, though.”

Me: *pause* “Okay, then.”

(I charge the cheaper price because, hey, she doesn’t want the cheese.)

Male Customer: “I want the regular eggs, but I want cheese in them.”

Me: *eye twitching* “Sure.”

(I’m not going to charge a higher price to add the cheese just because he didn’t specify the cheese eggs. I speak to the coworker, away from the couple.)

Me: “How did he miss that?! She literally pointed out the cheese eggs before he even freaking ordered! Seriously?!”

(The couple comes to pay.)

Male Customer: “Hey, why did you charge us [cheaper price] for her cheese eggs with no cheese than it says on the menu?!”

Me: “Because she didn’t get cheese.”

Male Customer: “Oh. Well, why did you charge me for the cheese eggs when I asked for regular eggs with cheese?!”

Me: “Because you got cheese in your eggs.”

Male Customer: *pays for both meals while complaining*

Me: *to my coworker after they leave* “Seriously?! It would’ve been the exact same freaking price! I literally charged for what they got, not for what they specified!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!