Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

She’s Going To LOVE TrejoBot!

, , , , | Right | October 19, 2019

(I am working out at my gym on one of the recumbent bikes. Beside me, a technician is working on four of the eight treadmills. He’s sealed up two and tested them. A woman walks up and points to one of the machines still being worked on. The technician is Latino.)

Woman: “That’s my favorite.”

(The treadmill in question is still in pieces. Trying to be helpful, I point to the two that have been completed.)

Me: “These two are done. I just watched him test them.”

Woman: “I don’t trust you.”

(She gets on one treadmill and declares that the belt is uneven. I just watched as the tech check the belt with a laser; the belt was straight. She gets on the other treadmill that was serviced. After thirty seconds of walking…)

Woman: “Ugh! This belt needs to be replaced!”

Technician: “Ma’am, the machine monitors the belt and tells us when it needs a replace—”

Woman: *cutting him off* “I don’t trust robots or Mexicans.”

(She then flounces off to the free weights. As the tech is packing up, his phone rings with a song by a semi-obscure metal band I’m a big fan of. We talk about the band for a few minutes before he finishes packing his gear and leaves. As I’m finishing up on the bike, the woman comes back, wags a finger in my face, and tells me I shouldn’t talk to Mexicans.)

Me: “But he wasn’t Mexican; he’s Honduran.” *pause* “And so am I.”

(To preclude any questions, I have a Honduran mother and a Swedish-American father, so I’m light-skinned.)


Did you find this story using our Gyms Roundup?

Click here to go to the next story!

Click here to go back to the roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!