Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Their Brazenness Is Bottomless

, , , , | Right | February 10, 2023

My boyfriend and I work at the same restaurant; he is a server and I am a food expeditor on the weekends. On Saturday and Sunday brunch, we have a bottomless mimosa bar with champagne on ice, juices, and various fruits to add to your drink.

My boyfriend has a man and woman come in, and they order the bottomless mimosas with their meal. They finish their meal, pay, and they leave out the side door in the dining room, which is locked — weird but okay.

As soon as they leave, however, the table that was next to them calls [Boyfriend] over and immediately snitches on them. Guess they thought bottomless meant they could take as many bottles of champagne as they wanted home. They were caught on camera shoving four bottles in their coats and purse, which is why they left through the side door instead of the front door.

The very next Sunday, guess who comes in? Same guy, same woman!

Enter my boyfriend, who immediately recognizes them as they get seated at his table again. He notifies his manager and proceeds to greet the table.

Boyfriend: “It’s so great to see you again this Sunday!”

They start getting a little nervous. The boss lady comes over with a bill for four bottles of champagne at twenty dollars each.

Boss: *Politely* “The bottomless mimosas are for dine-in only.”

The woman looked like a deer in headlights, and the guy started trying to argue that he hadn’t taken any bottles home with him, etc. Without a word, the manager pulled out her phone, and the video she had saved of them stealing the bottles on camera played for them.

The guy immediately shut up and handed over his card, and they left, never to be seen again.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!