Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Whole World Revolves Around Them Like A Pizza

, , , , | Right | May 11, 2021

This happens the day of the huge National Football championship game, so naturally, this take-and-bake pizza place is crazy busy. I am waiting patiently with at least ten to fifteen other customers when this lady starts complaining.

Customer: “When is my order going to be ready?”

Employee: “Ma’am, we’re making them as fast as we can. We’ll call your name when it’s ready.”

Customer: “But I called in my order specifically so I wouldn’t have to wait.”

Employee: “So did a lot of other people. We’re making them in the order we get them.”

Customer: *Throwing up her hands in exasperation* “Where’s the manager?”

Everyone in the waiting area is now visibly uncomfortable. The manager, who has been making the pizzas right alongside his employees, steps up to the counter.

Manager: “What can I help you with?”

Customer: “I don’t understand why you haven’t made my order yet. I called ahead so you should be making mine first.”

Manager: “I understand, but a lot of other people called in their orders before you and we make them in the order we receive them.”

Customer: “But I called ahead. Why are you making all these other people’s orders before mine?”

Manager: “Like I said, we’re making them in the order we get them and we’ve had a lot of orders called in. We’re working as fast as we can.”

Me: “Lady, we’re all waiting, same as you. Yelling isn’t gonna make them go faster.”

She glares at me and grudgingly decides to cancel her order. After several more minutes of her fuming while the manager cancels the order and refunds her money, she stomps out.

Manager: “Thank you. You would not believe the day we’ve had.”

Me: “I can imagine. Take your time. It’s just pizza.”

After about another hour of waiting, I got my order and made sure to leave a big tip. I just hope they all got a good relaxing break after dealing with all that. They looked absolutely exhausted.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!