Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Son’s Lack Of Responsibility Comes From The Mothers Lack Of Parenting

, , , , | Right | July 2, 2021

I work for a housing company. A client calls me.

Me: *Opening spiel* “How can I help you?”

Caller: “Yes, I am calling you about my son. He’s twenty-five years old.”

Me: “Okay? And what’s the question?”

Caller: “Oh, I have no question. I just want you guys to send him a letter that it’s time to move out.”

Me: “Excuse me?”

Caller: “He’s twenty-five years old! He’s old enough to get his own place! I’m tired of him hanging around here! I told him to move out over and over again, but he won’t listen to me. So, I want you guys to evict him.”

Me: “I’m looking at your contract and it seems you are the only one listed here.”

Caller: “Yes, that’s right.”

Me: “Well, I’m sorry to say it, but that means we have no legal connection to your son, only to you. We can’t evict him for you.”

Caller: “What?! But he’s twenty-five! I don’t want him living here anymore!”

Me: “I understand, but he’s your son. If you want him out of there, you can either convince him yourself or ask a judge to give him a restraining order, so he can’t enter your house anymore.”

Caller: “Whaaaaat?! You want me to sue my own son?!”

Me: “It’s the only legal way to get someone out of your home, ma’am. Your contract states you started living here over thirty years ago and the contract states that children may live in that house without separate permission from the housing company. The contract also states that you are responsible for your children, if they live there.”

Caller: “But his music is so UGH!” *Frustrated scream* “The neighbours are starting to complain.”

Me: “He is your son. I’m sorry, ma’am, but he’s your responsibility.”

Caller: “UGH! Thanks for nothing!” *Hangs up* 

Just FYI: if the neighbours are starting to complain to us, we can only punish the mother, because she is responsible. So, if nothing changes and the mother takes no action, it could result in her herself getting evicted (with her son). Let’s hope both mother and son grow up.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!