Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Sale Went Down The Toilet

| Right | July 10, 2017

Me: “Hello, did you find everything all right today?”

Customer: “Yeah.”

Me: *rings up two toilets and some lightbulbs*

Customer: *looking over receipt*

Customer: “Those toilets were $166 each, not $188.”

Me: “I’m sorry, sir, I can’t apply a markdown after you’ve already paid. If you take your receipt to returns just down there—” *points* “—they’ll be able to help you out. Are you sure they were $166? Usually the computer will mark them down automatically.”

Customer: “Yes, they were f****** $166. And I want you to fix it now.”

Me: “Sir, I can’t fix it for you here. To get your money back you’ll have to go to returns.”

Customer: “Well, I’d like to see your manager.”

Me: “Sure, no problem.” *calls for manager on overhead PA*

Customer: “GOOD.”

Manager: “Hello. What’s going on, sir?”

Customer: “This idiot can’t give me a refund and is lying about the toilet prices.”

Manager: “Sir, to get a refund you must go to the returns desk. I’m sure our cashier here has already told you that. About the price though, do you want to take me to where you found the toilets and confirm that they did ring up incorrectly?”

Customer: “Yeah. Let’s go.” *wanders off*

(Ten minutes later the manager comes back rolling his eyes, the customer is not with him.)

Manager: “I knew we weren’t having any toilets on sale. That moron was just making it up to either get a discount or get you in trouble.”

(The customer comes back in the store.)

Customer: “Just so you know, I’m going to [Competing Store] from now on!”

Manager: “Good! Maybe you’ll drive their customers over here with your sh**ty attitude!”

Customer: *storms out*

(The whole store knows about this guy by now.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!