Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Rules Were Made To Be Broken

, , , | Working | January 17, 2022

The local community center had an indoor pool. It was mostly for lap swimming, but a few hours a week, kids could use it. There were large locker rooms right next to the pool for showering and changing. The other wing of the building had meeting rooms, basketball, racquetball, and one individual bathroom without a shower.

My three-year-old son (ADHD/mildly autistic) enjoyed swimming, but the community center kept adding more rules. One rule said everyone had to shower before using the pool. Given his age and ability, I needed to help my son in the locker room. Then, they added a new rule: three-year-olds weren’t allowed to accompany a parent of the opposite sex into the locker room.

Were they really expecting all children that age to change and shower by themselves? In a room of adult strangers? After trying that just once — with me yelling through the doorway and sending random guys in to check on my son, and lost clothing and towels — I called to find out if there were any other options.

Me: “So, there’s a rule that you have to take a shower before entering the pool?”

Worker: “Yes, that’s correct.”

Me: “But what if my three-year-old needs help? The other rule says he can’t come in the locker room with me.”

Worker: “That’s correct. Anyone needing help can use the single bathroom at the other end of the building.”

Me: “But there’s no shower there, so then we’d be breaking the first rule. And it’s kind of far to walk while dripping wet after swimming.”

The worker tries to explain the same two rules to me a few times.

Worker: “Just break one rule or the other and see if anyone complains.”

After that, we didn’t renew our membership, and we tried to find other pools that were more kid-friendly.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!