Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The “Common Folk” Don’t Want To Eat Near You, Either

, , , , | Right | CREDIT: oh-no-its-back | February 22, 2023

I work at a fast food chain that serves tacos. It has been a long day, and I finally get my lunch break. I decide to walk across the street to the fast food chain that serves burgers instead; I eat at my chain all the time and want something different.

I’m wearing a very loud [Chain #1] uniform shirt and a visor that says “[Chain #1]” on it.

I go up and order my food and sit down to eat. This is when some lady a few tables down starts venting to her friend.

Lady: “It’s unacceptable that they let the workers eat at the tables with the customers!”

This goes on for a while, and I’m trying to ignore her, but I can tell she’s working herself up.

Then, she walks up to me. Oh, boy.

Lady: “Excuse me. Why are you eating here?”

Me: “It’s my lunch break?”

Lady: “You should be eating in the back of the kitchen where you belong. It’s disrespectful to the customers, and you’re taking up tables where they could be eating.”

I look around, kind of confused because the place isn’t close to full.

Me: “What do you mean?”

Lady: *Getting exasperated* “Look. Just eat in the back with the rest of the [Chain #2] employees.”

I turn my visor to her so she can see that I’m from [Chain #1], not [Chain #2].

Me: “I don’t work here, lady, and you’re rude as h***.”

The lady turned white and skittered back to her table, grabbed her food, and left.

Maybe next time she won’t make a spectacle of herself.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!