Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

That’s…. Not Gonna Happen

, , , , | Right | January 9, 2023

Our place has started to offer “impossible” burgers – basically, plant-based vegan burgers that are meant to resemble real meat. I’ve tried them and they’re honestly pretty good, but they’re not going to fool someone who loves real beef.

Customer: “Excuse me, I’d like one of your double impossible burgers, but I need it to be beef.”

Me: “That’s not possible, sir. The impossible burger is plant-based, we can’t put meat in it.”

Customer: “No, no, I want to try the double impossible burger, but I still want it to be beef.”

Me: “Sir, the impossible burger isn’t some new flavor of burger that we’re doing, it’s just the same as our regular burgers, but we replace the beef patty with a plant-based one.”

Customer: “Yes, yes, I know all that. I want the impossible burger as it’s meant to be better for the environment. But I also want it to be beef.”

Me: “Sir… that’s like asking for water but not wanting it to be wet.”

Customer: “But I don’t want water.”

Me: “No, that’s… never mind. Sir, are you a vegetarian or vegan, or is there a health reason why you can’t eat real beef?”

Customer: “No.”

Me: “And you want to try the impossible burger but with real beef?”

Customer: “Finally, you get it.”

We gave him a double burger, one patty of beef, and one patty that was plant-based. He loved it.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!