Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

That Isn’t Rewarding Behavior

, , , | Right | August 1, 2021

I work at a popular fast food chain. One day, I’m working at the front counter when an old lady comes up and orders food.

Me: “Okay, ma’am, you can just tap your debit card on our reader in front of you.”

She taps her card, then pulls out the fast food place’s app on her phone, which we can scan for points but only before she pays.

Customer: “Can you scan my card for points now?”

Me: “I’m sorry, ma’am, but you should have told me you had a rewards card before you paid. I can only scan that before you pay or the benefits won’t apply.”

Customer: “That’s nonsense! My sister went to another [Chain] last week, and they let her do rewards after she paid!”

Me: “It must have been another store, because our scanner doesn’t work like that. You have to scan before you pay or the benefits won’t kick in.”

Customer: “It was this store, actually!”

Me: “Well, she wasn’t supposed to do that, and I’m honestly not sure how she did it.”

The lady walks away to get her food but comes back a few minutes later.

Customer: “And just to let you know, I’m very, very mad at you!”

I bite my cheek to keep from laughing.

Me: “Sorry to hear that. Have a nice day!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!