Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Thankskilling It

, , , , | Right | CREDIT: ImSoLost907 | November 23, 2023

I’m scheduled to work at a restaurant on Thanksgiving. I get there at four and it’s absolute chaos. Every table is full and there are people lining up out the door. Okay, cool, maybe I’ll make some good money. I actually do until about an hour before close.

At 8:00 pm, our manager tells us the kitchen is closed and to not seat anyone else. By this time, we are all more than willing because we are tired and dying for a drink and a bathroom break.

Five minutes later, a woman comes in.

Woman: “I have a party of five.”

Me: “I’m sorry, but the kitchen is closed and we’re just doing our closing duties before we lock the doors.”

You’d think I just spit on her grandmother. This woman comes unglued and starts screaming in my face.

Woman: “Do you know who I am?! I’ll have your job by the end of the night!”

Now, maybe it’s because I am tired, or maybe my patience is up after working fourteen hours between two jobs on Thanksgiving, but as calmly as possible, I reply:

Me: “Yeah, I know who you are. You’re the woman who’s going to get the f*** out of my store before I throw you out myself.”

She stormed off, yelling about how she knew the owner and how I was going to get fired.

Well, I still haven’t heard from corporate or my general manager, so I guess I’ll have to wait and see.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!