Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Some Staff Are Very Low-Rent

, , , | Working | April 19, 2018

(The apartment complex I live in requires us to have renter’s insurance, and to provide a copy of our insurance documents for the main office to keep on file. I get home from work one day, and there’s a message on my answering machine from the office, saying they need a copy of my renter’s insurance policy. My policy runs from December to December, so I’m thinking they must have lost it, since I took it to them the previous December. I make a copy and take it to the office the next morning.)

Me: “Hi, I’m [My Name], and I got a call you needed this.”

(I hand the employee the copy of my policy.)

Employee: *looks at it* “No, we need next year’s.”

Me: “I’m sorry, what?”

Employee: “This one is expired.”

Me: “No, it’s not. See?” *points to dates at the top* “It expires in December. We’re in September. It’s still valid for three more months.”

Employee: “Well, we need next year’s.”

Me: “I don’t have next year’s, yet. It’s only September. I won’t renew it until December. I’ll bring it to you then.”

Employee: “Other residents have brought us next year’s.”

Me: “Well, sure. If their policies are a year like mine and they renewed in, say, July, then yes, it would cover until July of next year. But mine is good through December. I don’t know what else to tell you.”

Employee: “You need to contact your insurance agent and get next year’s. We need it.”

Me: “My insurance agent will send me the renewal in November, like he has every year for the last eight years, and I will bring you the copy in December once I’ve paid it, like I have for the last eight years. I don’t know what else to tell you. You’ll get it in December. I can’t bring you something I don’t have.”

Employee: “I’ll have to contact the corporate office. You’re in violation of your lease agreement.”

Me: *as I turn to leave* “Oh, trust me; I’m not.”

(Never did hear anything from the corporate office. In December, when I renewed my policy I took a copy to the office, like I always do, every year. I did not see that employee.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!