Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

So Much For Standing Behind Your Vehicles

, , , | Working | April 1, 2021

I have recently purchased a used vehicle from a major car company dealership. The first few days go by uneventfully until I get a light on my dash. I take it back in, get a loaner in the meantime, and go home.

A while passes, and I get a call from the dealership’s maintenance department, informing me that the engine light indicated the car needed an update of sorts, so after they ran it, the light was gone. They then tell me that I need to do several maintenance repairs and upkeep, involving flushes and a replacement of something else, totalling well over $1,000.

I then realize that the maintenance team was not instructed that this was a car they had just sold, and they did a good, thorough inspection of the vehicle. Thank goodness that light popped on!

I explain the situation, that I had literally just bought this car several days ago, and that I shouldn’t have to pay for any repairs or maintenance, as that should have been done prior to the purchase.

The person on the phone tells me they will look into it, and a day passes. I then hear back from the person who sold me my car; they bought the car from a different dealership, and they are basically arguing between the two dealerships about who should have to pay for the repairs and maintenance. 

I am with that loaner car for a week while they sort everything out. I just want to drive my new car! I am not impressed.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!