Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Sick Burn

, , , | Right | May 29, 2019

(A woman walks up to my counter with a saucepan. The aluminum core has been melted out of the base of the pan. She explains to me that she burned the pan and she wants to get it replaced.)

Me: “Oh, good timing! They’re on sale right now!”

Customer: “No, I just want to trade it for a new one.”

Me: “I’m sorry, we can’t replace the pan for that.”

Customer: “I don’t understand. Isn’t it covered by the warranty?”

Me: “No, the warranty doesn’t cover that.”

Customer: “Why doesn’t the warranty cover that?”

Me: “Well, the warranty only covers flaws in the pan, like if the handle falls off, or there’s a funny spot on the finish right out of the box.”

Customer: “I don’t understand why this isn’t covered!”

Me: “The warranty doesn’t cover burning the pan.”

Customer: “Well, my friend had it happen and they gave her a new pan.”

Me: “I’m sorry. We’re not supposed to do that. The warranty doesn’t cover that.”

Customer: *getting very frustrated with me* “Well, I just don’t understand why the warranty doesn’t cover it!”

Me: “The warranty only covers manufacturer’s mistakes. It doesn’t cover burning the pan because you. Did. It. To. The. Pan.”

(The customer took her pan and huffed out the door.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!