Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Schrödinger’s Housewife: Simultaneously Doing Everything And Nothing

, , , | Right | September 21, 2021

Male Customer: “I want a pound of ham!”

Me: “Yes, sir.”

Male Customer: “And hurry up! I’m not one of those housewives with all the time in the world.”

Me: “Um… yes, sir.”

Meanwhile, this tiny older woman walks up behind him.

Female Customer: “Excuse me?! I have all the time in the world?! Let me tell you about my day! I have to wake up at five to make sure my boys get up for school…”

I keep getting his ham while he stands there not making eye contact with her. It is VERY CLEAR he is uncomfortable.

Female Customer: “…then I have to run my errands. I went to the dry cleaner because my husband needs a suit for a wedding cleaned…”

Me: “Here’s your ham.”

He takes it and walks away. The woman follows behind him, continuing to yell at him.

Female Customer: “I’m at the store because it’s my turn to cook dinner for a family at our church who just suffered a loss. Then, I have to…”

A little while later, I walk up front to buy a drink on my break. At the register is [Male Customer]… and [Female Customer]. He is turning red and is still silent.

Female Customer: “I have to make dinner tonight! Ain’t nobody gonna help me! So, you listen to me…”

She kept going, but I went back to my department with my water.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!