Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

She Came Looking For Three Beds And A Fight

, , , , | Right | CREDIT: Aspiring-Programmer | April 28, 2024

I work in a hotel. This happens on the second shift, literally minutes before I am about to walk out of the door. My relief is there, and we are just chatting about workplace happenings.

A guest comes up to the desk. She is extremely condescending and gets very aggressive. She says in the smuggest tone you can imagine:

Guest: “I booked a family room with three beds, and I’m only seeing two in this one.”

I just checked her husband in minutes ago, and I remember it being a family room. I start to speak while looking through the folios just to confirm my memory.

Me: “Oh, actually…”

Guest: “No, actually, I know what I booked.”

I get to their folio.

Me: “Okay, yes, this is the correct room. To get to the additional bed, you’ll have to walk fully into the room and turn left. It’s in a separate privacy pod but still the same room.”

At this point, she’s sarcastically nodding her head and staring at me.

Guest: “Uh-huh…” *Getting angry* “Well, that’s not how the pictures looked. So, you’re telling me there’s just a bed hidden in a little corner in there, huh?”

Me: “Yes, ma’am, there are three beds in the room. You’ll just have to fully walk in and turn left.”

Guest: “Okay, well, your pictures don’t look like that!”

At this point, I actually believe her. The absurdity of this situation is too high. I assume that maybe we somehow have the wrong picture up.

Me: “Can I see the picture, so I can get my manager to fix it?”

Y’all… I’ve never met a dumber entitled person. She shows me the pictures, and they look exactly like the room. We’re on a picture showing the initial view of the room with the two queen beds visible.

Me: “Yeah, see, there’re only two beds in the main area.”

Guest: “Okay, but this one looks smaller, like a twin bed.”

Me: “Ma’am… that’s just perspective. They took the picture closer to one bed, so the other bed will look further away and therefore smaller.”

Then, she swipes to another picture.

Me: “Yeah, and here it shows the privacy pod where the twin bed resides. Looks like the pictures are fine to me.”

Guest: “The twin bed looks like it’s in the main area, and the queen bed looks like the one in the privacy pod!”

That’s silly because that wasn’t even her original concern, it was that she didn’t see a third bed. She is incapable of accepting she is wrong. She is convincing herself that she has a point.

So, I say one more time, trying to give the keys back to her:

Me: “Well, ma’am, there are three beds in the room, so here you go.”

Finally, she takes them and calls her three kids over to get some snacks from the shop, telling my coworker to charge the snacks to the room.

Coworker: “The total is [amount].”

Guest: “I thought you were going to charge it to the room!”

Coworker: “Ma’am, I am. I just thought you’d like to know the total.”

And they finally left for their room. Her husband just sat in the lobby while all this went down. The poor guy has to put up with that twenty-four-seven.

The whole time she was staring at me blankly, I was about to laugh, just confused about what was going on. I had no idea why she was so angry or what she wanted after I told her where the third bed was.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!