Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Sharing Is Flaring

, , , | Right | January 15, 2024

I worked at the restaurant side of a truck stop for a little while a few years back. There were three restaurants: pizza, chicken, and subs. We all got trained on all three.

I was working at the pizza one when a guy came in and ordered a lot of food. I decided to joke around and asked if he was sharing.

Customer: “Don’t be so stupid!”

He turned to the worker at the sub place and pointed at me.

Customer: “Hit them in the head with the toasting pan as hard as you can!”

He then turned back to me.

Customer: “Piece of s***!”

The store manager for the truck stop part came over.

Manager: “As soon as you get your food, you are to leave immediately. You’re no longer welcome here.”

Customer: “I’m a trucker. That’s just how we are.”

Manager: “I have plenty of truck drivers in, and they behave much better.”

All I did for the twenty minutes he was waiting was sit in the back crying, trying not to run out there and hit HIM with the toasting pan. I wanted to jump the counter and go after him. I was angry. I was angrier that the manager let him get away with it and stay as long as he did.

The next day, the manager above him came in and found out about it. He walked up to me and told me that he would have made the customer leave without his food and only a partial refund for his behavior, had he been there.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!