Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Self-Serve Is Often Self-Serving

, , , | Right | November 7, 2021

Two kinds of frozen drinks are sold at my store, both self-serve. We have Mountain Dew slushies that are bright yellow in the cup, and we have mango “smoothies” (more like frozen Koolaid) which are yellow but with a slight orange tint. No other drinks are remotely close in color. The Mountain Dew slushies are cheaper and come out of a different kind of machine.

A woman filled our biggest cup — the sixty-four-ounce one that’s nearly two dollars for the cheapest thing it’s meant to hold — with slightly orange-colored contents. The smallest twelve-ounce smoothie is over a dollar, and we don’t have smoothie cups larger than twenty-four ounces. The sixty-four-ounce cup isn’t meant for the smoothies and there’s a note by the machines about cups — which no one reads — but sadly, the smoothie machines are next to the slushy machine and in a bit of a blind spot, which people take advantage of.

I just outright rang up the drink as best I could, making for an approximately five- to six-dollar drink. She complained and lied out her a** about what it was.

I can’t even remember if I ended the confrontation by very, very grudgingly giving her the benefit of the doubt, or if it was an “If it’s that much then I don’t want it” situation where I had to waste it out and get zero money for it, but I did check video and confirmed that this lady was an utter bald-faced liar.

Our profit margins for our cold self-serve drinks were HORRIBLE and I blame people like this for it.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!