Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Scheduled To Be An A**hole Today

, , , , | Right | July 28, 2018

(I work in the bakery of a grocery store. A customer comes and stands at the employee opening to the bakery, holding a half pie he bought the previous day.)

Me: “Can I help you with something?”

Customer: “Is [Coworker] working today?”

Me: “No, she has the day off. Maybe I can help you?”

Customer: “When does she work next?”

Me: “I’m sorry; I can’t tell you that.”

Customer: *getting agitated* “Why not?”

Me: “It’s against store policy to give out the schedule of employees to anyone. My manager and assist manager are both in today; would you like to speak to one of them?”

Customer: *now angry* Yes.”

(The manager comes down and talks with the customer. The customer takes a new half pie and walks off.)

Manager: “What happened with him?”

Me: “He wanted to know when [Coworker] worked next, and I refused to tell him.”

Manager: “He said you were very rude to him and refused to help him.”

Me: *explains what happened*

Manager: “That makes more sense. Okay.” *walks off*

(I turn around to see the customer hovering by the counter, listening to see if I got in trouble.)

Me: *“Have a nice day.” *smiles at customer and returns to work*

(I found out a week later he called head office to complain about me. Wish I had been a fly on the wall for that call! “That’s nice, sir; here’s a coupon.”)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!