Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Sadly, It’s Not Up To You To Discontinue This Conversation

, , , | Right | September 23, 2019

(I work at a farm supply store. A customer approaches me at our service desk with a request:)

Customer: “Hi, I’m looking for [Dog Food]. You used to carry it but I don’t see any on the shelves.”

Me: *consulting inventory* “Hmm… I’m sorry, ma’am, but that one was placed on store closeout. We won’t be getting that one back in.”

Customer: “What does that mean?”

Me: “It’s a decision made by our corporate office. Perhaps the brand wasn’t selling well, or they had supply issues. Unfortunately, we aren’t always told the reason why, but the store will no longer be carrying that brand. Perhaps I can search for another retailer that might have it for you?”

Customer: “So, when do you think you’ll have more in?”

Me: “Unfortunately, we won’t be getting that brand back in. It’s been discontinued. I’m sorry.”

Customer: “Is it back-ordered or something? Can you check one of your other locations?”

Me: “Our other locations get the same inventory we do. If an item is discontinued, it means the store will not be selling it anymore. I’m sorry for the inconvenience.”

Customer: “Do you have any in the back?”

Me: “…”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!