Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Read The Room, Folks

, , | Right | December 19, 2021

When I was working at a fast food chain, they implemented a new policy — which none of us liked! — stating that all customers were to be greeted with, “Welcome to [Restaurant]! What will your order be today?”

One night, unbeknownst to us, a local football game at a university was playing and we were suddenly SLAMMED with a massive crowd of fans who stopped in to fuel up after the game. Number of cashiers to deal with them: yours truly. Kitchen staff: two people, maybe? And one drive-thru crew member.

After FINALLY melting the crowd down, I turned to the shift manager to ask if I could go to the break room for a much-needed nervous breakdown. This was when a couple approached my register.

Couple: *In unison* “Welcome to [Restaurant]! What will your order be today?”

They burst into laughter as I stared back, jaw half-open, wearing my best “Just kill me” expression. The manager and my drive-thru coworker stared back as well, clearly irritated.

The couple’s laughter slowly died down.

Couple: “Um, okay can I have the number seven with…”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!