Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Petty Theft Gets Petty Revenge

, , , , , | Right | February 15, 2024

I work in the produce department. Once in a while, I will find a small container of cut watermelon without a price tag. Right now, the average price is $1.25. We just assume it was missed in production.

One night, I am cleaning a lower shelf and I hear a ripping sound. I look over, and a customer is putting a large container of mixed fruit in her cart. These average around $8 at the time. I walk over and find the watermelon container without a price tag. I call over the store manager.

Me: “I think I know who’s been ripping off the watermelon price tags. She’s putting them over the price tags for the mixed fruit containers and getting them for $1.25!”

Manager: “Did you see it happen?”

Me: “No, I just heard it.”

Manager: “Hmm, we can’t do anything as she could just claim we mispriced it. Who is she?”

I point her out, and his eyes go wide.

Manager: “You ever see those real estate ads downtown on the park benches?”

Me: “Yeah, but why…”

Then, I realize.

Me: “Oh, wow! It’s her!”

She’s a well-known real estate agent.

The next time she comes into the store, I call the manager. He focuses the produce department cameras on her, and we catch her doing the same sticker switcheroo.

Manager: *Approaching her* “Ma’am, we have you on camera switching the price stickers.”

She denies it and leaves.

The next day when the real estate agent goes to her office, the store manager is in the owner’s office with the tapes.

Manager: “Now, you can either repay the store [estimated cost], or the store can press charges. Want to risk losing that real estate license?”

She paid.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!