Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Parrot Tries To Return A Chicken

, , , , | Right | November 3, 2023

A customer walks up to the customer service desk and slams a frozen chicken on the counter.

Customer: “I need a refund on this chicken!”

Me: “May I ask why, ma’am?”

Customer: “It tastes awful!”

Me: “It’s frozen… and still in its packaging.”

Customer: “I had the same one at a friend’s dinner and it tasted awful. I don’t want to use mine anymore.”

I take a closer look at the chicken.

Me: “Actually, ma’am, we don’t even sell this brand. We sell [Other Brand].”

Customer: “No, I got it here.”

Me: “I’m afraid that’s impossible, ma’am. We don’t sell this brand.”

Customer: “No, I got it here.”

I call my manager, as when the customer starts repeating their falsehoods like a broken record, I know it’s not going anywhere. Thankfully my manager arrives in two minutes.

Manager: “What is the issue here?”

Customer: “I want a refund on this chicken.”

Manager: *A lot quicker than I am.* “We don’t sell that brand of chicken. I believe Costco does.”

Customer: *Again, just repeating themselves.* “I want a refund on this chicken.”

Manager: “Then take it to Costco, ma’am.”

Customer: “I would hate to write you a bad review online about this!”

Manager: “Ma’am, I literally cannot refund this chicken. Our registers would not accept it.”

Customer: “You sell chickens! I am returning a chicken! I don’t see what the problem is! I would hate to write you a bad review online about this!”

Manager: “Ma’am, you saying you want a refund over and over does not change the fact that we do… not… sell… this… chicken.”

Customer: “I would hate to write you a bad review online about this! I am a regular reviewer on both Google and Facebook!”

My manager hands the customer a small card.

Customer: “What are you doing?” 

Manager: “Giving you the email for the store! Please send the link to us when you complain online. The comments are going to be gold!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!