Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

An Open Window To Kindness

, , , , | Hopeless | August 23, 2017

(On the fifth of July, my husband and father of our child died on his way home from work. He had the truck locked and as a result, they had to smash a window out in order to get to his body and unlock the truck. After doing everything I had to in order to bury him, I started looking into getting a window even though I knew it would deplete what I had left for money when I get this call from my father in law.)

Father-In-Law: “Yeah, [My Name]? What’s the make and model of that truck?”

Me: “It’s a Chevy Silverado 1500, year is 2000, and a four door, why?”

Father in Law: “Okay.” *repeats all that back* “The church is going to buy you a new window and get it done professionally.”

Me: “W-what?”

Father-In-Law: “So don’t worry about that window at all! We got it taken care of.”

Me: “Oh, my gosh… thank you!”

Father-In-Law: “Don’t you worry about a thing; we’re going to take care of this.”

(The window was replaced today. Thank you to the church. I know you probably won’t read this, but on the chance that you do, you have no idea how much that helped. I really had no idea what to do, and having to raise a child on my own, and grieving the death of my husband, you made it so much easier! Thank you so, so much!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!