Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Oh, Man!

, , , | Right | August 3, 2018

(I work in a hotel. It is early morning, and a woman dressed in old clothes comes up to the desk. Note that I’m a female.)

Woman: “Excuse me, but do you have any rooms? And what are the prices?”

(As I look at my computer, trying to get her a good deal, a man comes up behind her. He’s dressed in a suit. He glares at us, and then pushes past her. She looks shocked.)

Man: *to me* “Checking out.”

Me: “Um, excuse me, sir, but I was helping this woman. Please wait your turn.”

Man: “No! You both have to understand that we men are always first! Understand? Now, do your job, little lady, and get me my receipt!”

(The woman looks frightened and makes a gesture for me to serve him first, but I don’t like line-cutters, so I refuse. Then, the man screams so loud that my manager — also female — comes out.)

Manager: “What’s going on?!”

(I explained, and the man got even more agitated, frightening the woman away. The manager gave him his receipt, which he tore from her hand, and stomped off, yelling about females. Later, the hotel received a complaint about us women not serving him right. Luckily, I wasn’t punished for it.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!