Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Not What They Mean By Working At Check Out

, , | Right | July 19, 2019

(As a cashier, I serve an older man from time to time who constantly flirts with all the girls. It doesn’t make me too uncomfortable until the time I turn around from bending over to grab more bags.)

Old Man: *looks up to my face* “Oh, sorry.”

Me: *not understanding what he means, and smiling* “Sorry?”

Old Man: “I was just checking to see if the back was as good as the front. I thought it was quite nice.”

(I suddenly realize he thought I caught him checking me out and I am shocked into silence. I try to avoid him or rush through his order as fast as possible after that, and I hide when I see him. There are no more incidents until I am shopping with my family one day, and he happens to be in the line behind me.)

Old Man: *standing really close to me* “It’s a nice day out, isn’t it?”

Me: “Haha… yeah.” *starts trying to pay*

(He stands immediately behind/beside me, obviously looking down my shirt with a big grin on his face.)

Old Man: “It’s really hot out, though.”

Me: “Sure is.”

(I grabbed the change, moved far away from him, and waved over my partner who was waiting with our son by the exit. My partner helped me collect our bags while the old man backed off for once, looking surprised and disappointed by his presence. He wasn’t nearly as perverted to me for the rest of my time working there.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!