Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Not Taking The Call Should Be Their Calling

, , , | Right | November 11, 2019

(I work in a bakery. It’s a slow afternoon at a basically empty store when a couple enters. I stop the tasks I’m doing and head to attend them. The moment the woman starts ordering, her phone rings.)

Customer: *holds up one finger* “Oh, one moment, please!”

(She takes two steps back, pulls out her phone, and answers it. Her partner and I exchange dumbfounded stares. After a few minutes, she comes back and actually orders. After she has paid, I return to what I was doing before, but as the store is pretty much empty I can still hear them while she is putting sugar into her coffee.)

Customer’s Partner: “You don’t do that! That was rude; you don’t answer your phone when you’re in the process of talking to someone!”

Customer: “Well, what was I supposed to do?!”

Customer’s Partner: “You don’t answer! You can call back after you’re done, but what you did was incredibly rude!”

(They were still arguing on their way out, but it felt sooo good that he at least tried to put her in her place.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!