Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Not Quite Top-Class Parenting

| Related | January 3, 2015

(I’m taking a chemistry course over the summer for an extra credit. My relationship with my parents isn’t very good as I don’t fit their standards for an ideal daughter and we disagree on a lot of matters, so they tend to doubt me quite a bit. This occurs the day before the first test for the class.)

Dad: “Why aren’t you studying?”

Me: “Because I studied all weekend and mastered the material.”

Dad: “Well, if you’re so smart, tell me about what you’ve learned.”

(I give a detailed description of all the concepts he asks me about.)

Dad: “Well, you’re still not going to pass with an attitude like that. You need to work harder even if you think you know everything. Now stop being so d*** disrespectful and leave me alone!”

(The next day, I take the test, finishing nearly half an hour before the rest of the class. After I leave class….)

Dad: “Well? What’d you get on the test?”

Me: “One hundred.”

Dad: “You think you’re so great, don’t you? You know you’re going to fail if you keep acting so arrogant!”

(And I’m still at the top of the class.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!