Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Not Quite A Breath Of Fresh Air

, , , | Right | September 4, 2019

(I work in a popular pizza restaurant as a cashier. We offer pizza by the slice all day. Slices are our top sellers, and a slice pie usually doesn’t last in the warmer more than an hour or two; however, we will throw the slice of pie away after four hours, as per health code. This particular afternoon, shortly after opening, it is somewhat slow, and the phone rings so I answer it.)

Woman: “Hello, I was wondering if you had any fresh slices.”

Me: “Yes, ma’am! We offer slices all day!”

Woman: “Okay, but are they fresh?”

Me: “Yes, ma’am, we do our best to ensure everything is fresh and up to standard, but I’ll double-check with the kitchen just to make sure.” *to my boss* “Hey, [Boss]! When was the last slice pie made?”

Boss: “I’ve got just a couple more slices left with this one, but it was made about 45 minutes to an hour ago. I’m about to start on the next one.”

Me: *back to caller* “All righty, ma’am, the kitchen says that the last slice pie was made about 45 minutes to an hour ago. The next pie will be ready—”

Woman: *suddenly screaming* “THAT’S NOT FRESH!” *click*

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!