Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

No Scam Like The Present

, , , , | Right | July 7, 2009

Me: “Good morning, ma’am. How can I help you today?”

Customer: “I would like $10 on pump five.”

Me: “All right, ma’am. Have a nice day!”

(The customer then gets out and starts walking to her car which is indeed on pump five… and then just drives off without pumping gas. I hold her $10 in case she comes back, and sure enough, she returns about an hour later.)

Customer: *furious* “I can’t pump my gas, you little s***! You stole my money!”

Me: “Ma’am, you left the money on your pump about an hour ago.”

Customer: “I know! You were supposed to hold it for me. What kind of service is this that you won’t do that?”

Me: “Ma’am, I have your money right here and can put it on the pump if you want.”

Customer: “You d***ed better put that money on my pump… all $50 of it!”

Me: “Ma’am, you only gave me $10 for the pump.”

Customer: “I so did not! I gave you $50. I have my receipt right here!”

(The customer hands me a receipt that indeed says $50 dollars — but it’s dated from five months ago.)

Me: “Ma’am, I have your receipt from today and it says $10. The receipt you handed me has a date from five months ago.”

Customer: “You mean those receipts have dates on them?”

Me: “Yes.”

Customer: “Oh…” *runs out, leaving her $10 and never returning again*


This story is part of our Scammer roundup!

Want to read the next story? Click here!

Want to see the roundup? Click here!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!