Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Need Proof That They Have A Brain

, , , | Right | July 16, 2018

(I work as a chat support agent. In order for me to see anything on an account, I need certain information from the customer, which they usually provide when starting the chat. On occasion I get someone who doesn’t provide it, and won’t provide it when asked, but this has to be the worst reason ever.)

Me: “Thank you for contacting chat support! How can I help you?”

Customer: “You guys double-billed me! I need you to fix this!”

Me: “All right, if you can give me your account information, I can pull it up to see what is going on.”

Customer: “I don’t have it.” *sends a screenshot* “Here’s proof. Fix it.”

(The screenshot is a single order confirmation, cropped so it doesn’t even list what the order was for, doesn’t show an order number, and is basically no help at all.)

Me: “I’ll need the information for the account so I can pull it up. I’m not able to see anything about this or make any changes on the account without it.”

Customer: “I’ve sent proof; now fix it!”

(This goes back and forth for a while. I’ve sent them instructions for finding the information multiple times, and explained that I can’t see anything and that the screenshot doesn’t help. Finally they let me know why they can’t get it.)

Customer: “I can’t do that; I’m driving to an appointment right now. I’ve provided proof, and I need you to fix this!”

Me: “…”

(She stopped responding shortly after. I like to think she realized how stupid it was to be typing and driving at the same time. Or maybe Darwin did his job.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!