Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Muffin Can Stop Her

, , , , | Right | March 20, 2023

I work in a famous chain fast food restaurant, and today, I am in the dish pit. A car rolls up to the speaker.

I say my little greeting, and then I wait… and wait. No “Just a minute.” Nothing.

Finally, I go back to doing dishes. Then, I hear:

Customer: “Hello? Hello? I’d like to order sometime today!”

Now, granted, I gave them a good forty-five seconds to answer when I greeted them. However, I just put on my smile.

Me: “Yes, how can I help you today?”

First of all, she keeps confusing us with two other food chains and requesting items from their menus. Second of all, she keeps changing her order. For example, we have an egg muffin and a sausage muffin with egg. She asks for an egg muffin and wants to add sausage to it.

Being the nice little food worker I am, I ring up the sausage muffin with egg to save her some money, because it’s the same ingredients.

She flips her lid.

Customer: “I said I wanted an egg muffin, not a sausage muffin! I just want to add sausage to it!”

No amount of explaining would convince her that this would be more cost-effective. Finally, I just did what she asked, not caring if she spent more money than she needed to. The total came to around twenty-five dollars, a big order for our breakfast time.

She pulled up with about seven people in her car. They took several long minutes trying to find change in their pockets because they all wanted to chip in. But some didn’t want to break bills. Can Person A swap this tenner for a five? Person B has exact change, but Person C has their order’s value in coins and wants to lighten their purse. A line behind her piled up behind her and she had ruined our drive-thru time, but they kept waffling back and forth about one thing or another.

She FINALLY paid, so I told her to pull up to the next window and to have a nice day. What did she do? She passed the second window and drove off, after paying for her food!

Now, I had a line out into the street because of this woman and had to scramble to get people through in time, hopefully without getting screamed at because half of them were late to get to work.

I finally got the line down when, about an hour later, the woman came up to the counter. She was demanding her food because we hadn’t given it to her! I have no idea how seven people didn’t notice this OR bring it up. And of course, by this time, it had been thrown out. We made all that food she ordered for nothing. We even kept it aside for her in case she came back, but after fifteen minutes, we had no choice but to toss it.

My coworkers told her this, and I swear I could hear her all the way in the back over the spray nozzle! She kept saying that she knew the president of our chain and that she was going to get us shut down. We offered to remake the food for her, but she wasn’t having that. She didn’t want a refund. She didn’t want her food remade. She wanted to rant about how she “could be s***ting it out by now if you had given it to me”!

A manager had to sprint the length of the store to shut her down. He read her the riot act, including blatantly telling her to her face that it was her own stupid fault for driving past the second window and not following directions. As she stood flabbergasted by the shiny spine before her, he told her to either pick a refund or pick new food. No more nonsense from her; he was ending her shenanigans as of now!

She finally left with her money, and we have a description of her for the cashiers to refuse her service.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!