Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Minimum Balance For Maximum Charge

, , , , | Working | September 23, 2017

I used to work at a bank as a teller, then in their main offices. During this time I did not do my personal banking with them. While I was working there, they started an initiative to get all the employees to move their accounts from their old banks to them. As a reward, they would “be able to expedite the processing of paychecks,” so we would get paid a whopping one day earlier.

The only problem was, this same bank severely underpaid its staff and, because this particular bank was made for higher-end customers, the employees would never be able to meet the minimum-balance requirements. Sadly, not every employee saw through this obvious trap, and they were hit with a lot of minimum balance charges.

This was only one of many ways in which this particular business tried to screw over its own employees.

Remember, if you work for a larger company, always take what they tell you with a grain of salt. Their priority is money, nothing else.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!