Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Kids Can Be Pretty Awesome

, , , , , | Hopeless | May 7, 2016

(We’re nearing the end of final exam period at university and since I’m graduating the past few weeks have been excessively stressful. Between all night study sessions on and off, working off campus, and grad papers, I haven’t had much time to take care of my appearances and haven’t showered for a few days. Because of this, I’m really self-conscious about how I look, especially in crowded places like public transit. I’m heading to take my final exam waiting for the bus when I notice a little kid nearby with his mother who is staring at me. I assume it’s because I look like total crap, so I pull on my hood to hide, hoping the kid will look away. When he doesn’t, I turn to him and nervously try to play it off.)

Me: “Yeah, take a good look kid… This is what university does to you.”

Boy: *gets really happy* “You mean it makes people pretty?!”

(His delightful compliment was so genuine I almost started crying right there. That kid managed to make me smile and feel amazing for the first time in weeks. The feeling didn’t leave me even after I finished and passed my exam! Thanks, kid!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!