Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

It Was A Mis-Steak To Pander To Her

, , , | Right | June 27, 2019

(I work at quite a fancy restaurant, and this evening, we have a giant party — 100 people — coming for a four-course walking dinner. Not too bad, although 40 of them have allergies, and it being a walking dinner makes it a lot harder to track all of them down and remember their allergies because everyone keeps moving around. Luckily, everything goes all right and no one is served something they aren’t supposed to eat, although it is pretty stressful. One lady, however, has a gigantic list of allergies and food preferences; she is vegan, lactose-intolerant, and gluten-intolerant, and she is allergic to glucose, nuts, all sorts of fruits and vegetables, prefers no salt, no carbs, etc. The list is insanely long. So far she’s been happy and our chef has managed to make a couple of amazing courses for her, if I say so myself. By the third course, however, she flags me down.)

Lady: “Excuse me! Can I talk to you for a second?”

Me: “Sure, what can I help you with?”

Lady: “I don’t like this at all. Can’t you just fetch me a steak with some fries or something?”

(So much for being vegan, low-carb, and the like…)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!