Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

If The Entitlement Shoe Fits, Part 2

, , , | Right | March 9, 2023

I was working at a very famous shoe store some years back when a customer and her kid came in right at opening. I was all alone, and it was one of those mornings. You know the ones: phone ringing off the hook, paperwork to be done, and about a zillion other things.

I greeted the woman, and she and her kid plopped on a bench for a chat for about ten minutes, ignoring me. Rude, but fairly normal.

She asked me for a few sizes, and I got them for her. I had miraculously managed to juggle a delivered shipment and phone orders. I got them for her, and she decided on some and began her purchase.

Customer: *As she starts to leave* “You know, I would’ve bought more if you would have actually helped me.”

Before my brain caught up with my mouth, I replied.

Me: “Well, ma’am, typically when people need or want help, they ask for it.”

This woman looked like I had just kicked a puppy. She looked so offended that a retail slave would DARE speak back to her. She turned on her heel and left… but didn’t even complain. It was one of my finer moments of firing back as good as I got.

Related:
If The Entitlement Shoe Fits

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!