Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

If At First You Don’t Succeed, Tray Again

| Working | August 23, 2013

(I work in the deli department of my store. We’ve just finished cooking some rotisserie chickens, but we don’t have enough trays for all of them.)

Me: “Do we have any more rotisserie trays in the back?”

Coworker: “Yes… they’re across from the middle doors.” *gesturing* “If the doors are here, the supply pallet will be here.”

(I grab a cart and head toward the double doors in the middle of the store’s back wall. I locate the supply pallet, but all I can find are chicken wing trays and side dish trays. Then I notice the store manager is back there too, unloading a dairy cart.)

Store Manager: “What are you looking for?”

Me: “Rotisserie chicken trays. I don’t see any here, but [coworker] said they were here.”

Store Manager: “I don’t know what to tell ya.”

(I grab some side dish trays, since we sometimes use them in makeshift containers for the whole chickens when we’re out of the normal trays for them. As I head back to the deli, my coworker scowls at me.)

Coworker: “That’s not them.”

Me: “I know. All I could find was this and the wing trays.”

Coworker: “Then you’re blind, because they’re right there!”

Me: “You know, I’m getting pretty sick of hearing things like that.”

(My coworker comes out from behind the counter and insists on walking me back there herself. When we get to the double doors, she points at them like she was showing them to me for the first time.)

Coworker: “These are the double doors, obviously!”

(We walk through the doors.)

Coworker: “Now you look for the supply pallet.” *dramatically turns her head to the left* “You don’t see the supplies over there!” *dramatically turns her head to the right* “So they must be over here!”

(My coworker walks over to the pallet.)

Coworker: “And the rotisserie trays are right here!”

(My coworker points to the stack of boxes, but seeing the rotisserie trays aren’t there starts frantically digging through it.)

Coworker: “…where are the rotisserie trays?!”

Me: “I told you.”

Coworker: “I ordered two boxes of rotisserie trays!”

(She roots through the whole pallet at lightning speed and then goes dashing down the unloading platform looking for the trays.)

Store Manager: “That was epic.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!