Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Husbands Who Are Easily Confused And Wives Who Are Easily Deceived

, , , , | Right | December 27, 2022

I work at a pasta shop while in high school. When we don’t sell the fresh stuff within a couple of days, we freeze it so it won’t go bad and sell it at a discount, but if there are any frozen ones — which isn’t often — they run out.

A middle-aged man comes in.

Customer: “I want a large frozen lasagne.”

Me: “Sorry, sir, I just checked the freezer and we don’t have any, but if you want, you can get a regular large lasagne and freeze it at home. They freeze pretty well.”

He looks confused for a moment.

Customer: “…no?”

He leaves the store.

About an hour later there’s a call for our manager from a woman. After a minute or two, she comes to talk to us, still holding the phone.

Manager: “Were any of you serving a man who asked for a large frozen lasagne?”

Me: “That was me.”

Manager: *Incredulously* “Did you… laugh at the man and tell him that if he wanted a frozen lasagna to go to [Chain Supermarket]?”

Me: *Laughing* “Uh… no!”

She tells the woman on the phone this, and we can hear the woman (who, by the way, wasn’t ACTUALLY there) yelling at my manager.

Caller: “Are you calling me a liar?!”

Manager: “I’m not, but I have a very hard time believing that one of my girls would do that.”

Caller: *Click*

Manager: “My theory: wife sends husband to get one thing. He gets confused by a sudden limitation of options and leaves but is terrified of his wife and doesn’t want her to get mad at him because he failed to do this one task. So, he tells her some BS in the hopes that she’ll forget about it. She does not.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!